Life as a privileged citizen of a developed nation is tough sometimes. Allow me to take a moment to air my recent grievances:
1) I spent months trying to decide what kind of iPod I want, because I don’t like having music on my Blackberry. At the checkout, I found out that engraving a quote onto the back of it is free. I couldn’t decide on a quote I liked enough to have permanently engraved onto my iPod but I don’t want to miss out on the opportunity. So I didn’t buy it.
2) The other day, I had to get out of bed before noon to get to work after nearly a week of evening shifts. It was very frustrating.
3) My favourite work pants are incredibly comfortable, but they’re hideous.
4) I recently realized that I no longer like my Gmail theme, but I can’t find any other one that I like enough to change it. So now I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and cringe every time I log in to check my email.
5) I drank all of the white wine I bought last night, and I didn’t have time today to go get more. Now I have to drink water from the Brita filter for the next 24 hours.
6) My pillow is so soft I wake up with a sore neck each morning.
That’s pretty much it, I think. So tell me dear readers, what kinds of pseudo-hardship have you encountered recently, and how much more grateful does it make you for your life? :P